CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Bribing your child

I am wholeheartedly for this...when it comes to potty training.

It has taken us, what, 6 months to find Lili's trigger on this potty training thing, but we did. CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS.

They are her 'surprise' when she goes like a big girl. She went 8 times in the span of an hour yesterday just to get them.

Hey, it worked. And I'll keep doing it until she is totally potty trained if that is what it takes.

To have the kiddo out of diapers is my ultimate goal (whether she likes it or not). We played the waiting game with her, we let her fight us, we made her sit there and cry, we've even let her run around naked (which she loves by the way and now has really good control of her bladder). Now it is time to do this.

Are there better methods? Probably. But the stubborness of this kid is unmatched. I think we had to work ourselves up to be in the mindset to get this accomplished. I hope we have done just that.

I'll let you know.

0 comments: