CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training

When speaking to a 21 month old about pee pee, be specific. Why? Let me regale you with my humerous tale.

Yesterday, like every other morning for the past week, Lili sat down on her potty chair. She grabbed a book and proceeded to tell me all about it. She got up and sat back down several times.

Then she noticed her toothbrush and decided it was time to brush her teeth. She toddled to the sink and tried to reach for it. I said "when you pee pee, you can brush your teeth". I FAILED to mention the 'on the potty' part. She proceeded to pee standing right there. Smiled, then took offense to the fact she was wet.

Needless to say there was a bath and a clean up involved. Plus a slew of phone calls to report on the adventure.

0 comments: